Lancaster County is home to a number of exciting Christmas season events that are sure to get you in the holiday spirit. From Christmas light displays to train rides, there is sure to be something that will appeal to every member of your group. Plus, don’t forget all the wonderful shopping and holiday decorations.
Here are 14 Fun Lancaster County Christmas Activities for you to check out:
- Breakfast with Santa at Plain & Fancy Farm: Breakfast with Santa at Plain & Fancy Farm is a delightful holiday event that brings joy to children and families alike. As you enter the festively decorated venue, you’re greeted by the enchanting aroma of a scrumptious buffet spread, featuring an array of breakfast favorites like fluffy pancakes, crispy bacon, and sticky buns. Children’s eyes light up as they load their plates with delicious treats, eagerly awaiting a special visit from Santa Claus himself. A talented professional photographer captures children’s excitement and their wide smiles as they sit with Santa and receive a small gift. All photos are provided to families digitally so they can cherish these memories for years to come. Breakfast with Santa is a heartwarming tradition that brings families closer together and spreads the joy of Christmas. Get your tickets today by calling 717-768-4400.
- AMT Christmas Show – The First Noel: Each year, American Music Theater puts on a larger-than-life Christmas Spectacular show, starting in November. This year’s show, The First Noel, is full of incredibly talented singers and dancers from all over the country, beautiful sets and costumes, and is full of all your favorite Christmas songs. Don’t miss this fantastic show that is sure to get you in the Christmas spirit, running November 7 – December 30!
- Sight and Sound Christmas Show – Miracle of Christmas: This winter, Sight and Sound transforms into and immersive Christmas experience, where visitors can experience a show that will transport them to Bethlehem and they can watch Mary, Joseph, the shepherds, wisemen, and even the camels as the Christmas story unfolds. This spectacular show runs from November 4 – December 30, and is sure to provide an unforgettable experience.
- Dutch Wonderland Christmas at the Park: Be sure to visit Dutch Wonderland this winter as it transforms into a sparkling wonderland full of holiday fun! Be sure to check out their new puppet show, and magical forest light show and stop by to meet Santa himself! Or visit on New Year’s Eve for their Diamond Drop, where kids of all ages are welcome to ring in the new year!
- Stone Gables Estate: It’s “all aboard” the Santa Express at Stone Gables Estate this winter, when their 1868 replica steam locomotive takes off for a journey around the estate full of Christmas Carols, treats, and a visit from Santa! Running select dates from November 24th -December 23rd, this train ride is sure to bring plenty of holiday to the young and old alike! Be sure to also visit their Christmas Village and the National Christmas Center on the Estate for a whole day full of shopping and family fun! More information on dates and ticketing can be found on their website.
- Clipper Stadium Christmas Light Show: Hop in the car and tune your radio to the Christmas station as you drive through the mile-long Light Show at Clipper Stadium that dances along with the music. During the weekends, park your car and take a walk-through Christmas Tree Lane, which is full of trees decorated by local organizations to raise money for non-profits! This event will take place from November 25th – December 31st, and is sure to make a great tradition for your family!
- Strasburg Christmas Train: For nearly 65 years, the Strasburg Railroad has been bringing holiday joy to everyone who steps foot aboard their Christmas Express. This 45-minute train ride is full of stories, live musicians, treats, and a visit to the Christmas Market, a visit from Santa who has gifts for everyone on board! This tradition is a local favorite, along with their various other Christmas train offerings. The holiday trains will be running from November through December, specific dates for each train offering can be found on their website.
- Ice Cream with Santa: Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Turkey Hill Experience on Sunday, December 17! Make your own Christmas ornaments and holiday cards, enjoy cookies and milk, and experience the holiday themed taste lab while making memories that will last a lifetime! Visit the Turkey Hill Experience website for ticketing information.
- Christmas Candlelight Tours: On December 8th and 9th, the Lititz Historical Society will be holding its Candlelight Tour of the 1792 Johannes Mueller House, where you can learn the customs and history of the Moravian community in Lititz. This tour is 40 minutes long, and attendees are welcome to visit the Lititz Museum for holiday treats and a gift shop with a large selection of items! Tickets are $8 each and can be bought online and in person.
- Christmas Down on the Farm: With crafts, train rides to the Christmas tree farm, scavenger hunts, fire pits, mazes, and so much more, you are sure to have a day full of fun at Christmas Down on the Farm, located at Barnyard Kingdom at Country Barn. Tickets are $20 per person and include access to all activities! Be sure to stop by on select dates to take in the sights and sounds of the holidays on the farm!
- Christmas in the Village at Landis Valley Farm Museum: Stop by the Landis Valley Farm Museum for a real Old-Fashioned Christmas. Lots of Christmas decorations. Learn how early PA German families celebrated Christmas here in south central PA. And lots of fun for all ages. It’s a great way to start out the Christmas season. But watch out for the Belsnickel. See their calendar for exact dates.
- Christmas at Ephrata Cloister: During Christmas, the cloister shines with Moravian stars and greenery, while candlelight tours transport you to the past, guided by interpreters sharing its history and the significance of Christmas. Don’t miss the a cappella music by the Ephrata Cloister Chorus, featuring traditional hymns and carols, creating a serene and reflective atmosphere. Be reminded of the more meaningful aspects of the holiday, while revisiting history and traditions. In 2023, Christmas at the Cloisters is December 11th and 12th and the Lantern Tours are December 27th to 30th.
- Nutcracker Ballet by Viktor Yeliohin International Ballet Academy: The 30th Annual Nutcracker Ballet featuring professional dancers from Ukraine will happen December 1st to 3rd. Join our young heroine, Clara, through a magical journey where she battles an evil rat king, travels through the snowy forest, and encounters new friends of all kinds in the land of sweets.
- Holiday Shopping at The Shoppes of Miller’s: Make sure to stop into The Quilt Shop at Miller’s with its curated selection of hand-stitched quilts, quillows, and handmade artisanal crafts, this charming store has been a beloved destination for both locals and visitors seeking unique gifts and home décor. Locally Made Food Shop next door focuses on items made here in Lancaster County, including Miller’s Bakery. You’ll find jams, jellies, spice mixes, tea, coffee and of course baked goods like shoofly pie and chocolate pecan pie. Additionally, there are Lancaster County made kitchen items including wooden cutting boards, Lancaster Cast Iron pans, and more. Check out our holiday gift guide.
As you plan your magical Christmas time in Lancaster County, don’t forget to book your stay at AmishView Inn & Suites here at Plain & Fancy Farm where you can relax with beautiful farmland views and enjoy a hearty breakfast each morning. Plus, stop into Smokehouse BBQ & Brews for some holiday cheer with seasonal cocktails and beers.